Web services are provided by many of today’s most popular business partners – Amazon.com, FedEx, UPS, SalesForce, eBay and Google are some – just to name a few. Various eCommerce platforms, credit card processors, and many other trading partners provide easy access to data you can leverage within your daily business operations and applications.
RPG-XML Suite provides the ability for RPG developers to consume these web services and easily integrate the data received within existing RPG applications or database files.
If your business partner provides an XML interface, RPG-XML Suite allows you to implement it. Easily.
- Leverage new capabilities from your IBM i without having to build entire full business systems
- Exchange data with any business partner who provides an XML web service interface
- After obtaining a sample of the request & response XML, utilize code generators that can lead to live programs calling web services within a matter of hours
- Implement securely supported HTTPS/SSL communication channels
- UTF-8 support ensures web service interoperability with services provided by business partners from anywhere in the world – with varying character sets
- Communicate and exchange data regardless of platforms or languages – leverage .Net and Java web services on Windows, Linux, or other IBM i machines
In many cases, a business partner offering a web service provides a WSDL file that describes the specific functionality of their web service, and how it is to be accessed. With a WSDL file, the RPG-XML Suite development team can typically turn around a free proof of concept within a matter of hours.
Don’t have a WSDL file?
No problem. Any documentation your business partner is able to provide can be utilized for the implementation of a successful proof of concept.
Contact us and let us help.